What Loop can do for you
1. Standard recycling
To reduce the amount of waste that reaches landfill or incineration plants, Loop collect and recycle the following waste:
- Paper - all grades
- Confidential waste for destruction
- Glass incl. bottles
- Plastics incl. bottles & cups
- Metals incl. drinks cans
- Food waste incl. coffee grounds
2. Hazardous waste
To assist you dispose of hazardous waste and ensure that you are legally compliant, Loop collect and recycle the following:
- Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) incl. IT equipment
- Fluorescent tubes
- Toners & mobile phones
- Fire extinguishers
3. Bulky waste clearance
Having a clear-out? Don't hire a skip – hire Loop!
We'll collect the following waste:
- Office clearance junk including 'man and a van' with majority of items being recycled or re-used
- Wood including pallets
- Green waste including flowers & foliage
Some of the wood is recycled while the majority is shredded and pelletised for biomass boiler fuel.
4. Non-recyclable waste
Despite everyone's best efforts (yours and ours), there is a proportion of waste that cannot be recycled.
Nonetheless, here at Loop, we operate a zero waste to landfill policy – much of the general waste is bulked into containers and transported by barge down the Thames to a Waste-to-Energy plant east of London. This powers 50,000 homes locally. Additionally, most of the ash by product is recycled.